Last week i was playing with Samsung ATIV Smart PC.
Samsung ATIV Smart PC is a great device. This is one of many Touch laptops from Samsung. This Laptop is also usable as Tablet PC. Because it run Windows 8 x86 you can run al your applications on this device.
De Samsung ATIV Smart PC does not have fast Ethernet nic onboard only a Wifi NIC.
I would like to deploy our company “image” to this device.
1. Download Software Update http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/XE500T1C-A01US
2. Install Software
3. Search for XE500T1C-A01NL
4. Download al the Drivers and Software
5. Extract all Packages en sort this in Driver and Applications
6. Import the drivers in MDT
7. You need the a NIC I uses the USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet NIC Network Adapter
8. Download the Driver SMSC_LAN7500.zip
9. You find after unpacking in de Windows Folder de driver LAN7500-WDF-v126.96.36.199.exe
10. You can Extract the Driver with “LAN7500-WDF-v188.8.131.52.exe /extract d:\downloads\LAN7500”
11. Import the Drivers in to same Driver Store als descripted in 6.
12. Update Deployment Share Wizard
13. Create A Task Sequence
14. Create a selection Profile descripted here: MDT 2010 Importing automatically the right driver
15. Change import driver on the Task Sequence
16. You need at Least a 4GB USB Stick
17. Format the USB stick with FAT32 How to create a bootable USB drive from an ISO image for UEFI systems
18. Mark the partition als Active
1.Open Command Prompt
2 Type: diskpart
3. At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition
Make note of the number of the partition that you want to mark as active.
4. At the DISKPART prompt, type:
select partition n
Select the partition, n, you want to mark as active.
5. At the DISKPART prompt, type: active
19. If you’re on Windows 8, double-click your ISO image to mount it. If you’re on earlier versions of Windows, use a 3rd party utility to mount the ISO. Just search the web and you’ll find options. Or, burn the ISO to a DVD and then mount it. Once the ISO is mounted, copy all files and directories over to your newly formatted USB drive by dragging and dropping. You can also do this from the command line using robocopy or xcopy.
20. Delete the install.wim and boot.wim from the sources directory
21. Copy LiteTouchPE_x86.wim from the Boot directory on the MDT server to de Sources Map on the USB Stick
24. Boot From USB
25. You Can deploy now your OS to your Tablet.
Part Two I will write about installing Touch Driver Software/Driver