KEMP gives away the LoadMaster for free. Now the virtual appliance is available in a free edition too. Available for all supported hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, enz).
The free VLM has some limitations, for instance the HA setup with an active and hot stand-by unit is not supported. Another important limitation is that the free LoadMaster doesn’t come with the awesome support paying customers receive. Also there are some bandwidth and SSL TPS limitations, all in all not much special for most home, lab, testing and other non-production deployments.
- The Free LoadMaster Includes:
- Layer 4/7 load balancing
- Content switching
- Caching, compression engine
- MS Exchange 2010/2013 optimized
- Pre-configured virtual service templates
- IPS engine
- High Availability
- Edge Security Pack (ESP) – a Microsoft TMG replacement
- GSLB multi-site load balancing
- RESTful API