Exchange Analyzer is a PowerShell tool that scans an Exchange Server 2013 or 2016 organization and reports on compliance with best practices.
Exchange Analyzer is a community project, and is currently a beta release seeking feedback and results from real world environments.
To read the latest information about Exchange Analyzer click here to visit the project’s ReadMe on Github. More information can also be found in the Exchange Analyzer Wiki.
2. Extract or copy the following files and folders to a computer that has the Exchange 2013 or 2016 management shell installed. For example, place all of the files and folders in a C:\Scripts\ExchangeAnalyzer folder.
3. Copy the folders in the \Modules folder to C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\
4. Open a new Exchange Management Shell
Important Note: if you are updating your copy of Exchange Analyzer please make sure you copy the updated module in step 3.
Running Exchange Analyzer
To run the Exchange Analyzer open an Exchange management shell, navigate to the folder with the script files (e.g. C:\Scripts\ExchangeAnalyzer) and run:
Exchange Analyzer produces a HTML report with a simple “Passed/Failed” indicator and a list of passed and/or failed objects. Links to more info are provided to assist you with further interpretation of the report.
Feedback and Questions
Before submitting feedback or questions please review the Exchange Analyzer FAQ.
You can also send email to email@example.com.
14/01/2016 – v0.1.0-Beta.1
- First public beta release
28/01/2016 – v0.1.1-Beta.2
- Second beta release. Details of changes are here.