When Installing Lync I get the following error:
Error: An error occurred: "Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Deployment.DeploymentException" "Cannot determine where to install database files because Windows Management Instrumentation on the database server is unavailable from your computer or user account. To continue, you can resolve this issue, or you can specify where you want to install the files."
Solution: Make Sure that Windows Firewall is Enabled on Windows 2008 R2
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Open the Windows Firewall program.
- Click Change Settings to view the Windows Firewall Settings dialog box.
- Verify that Windows Firewall is turned on, and then click the Exceptions tab.
- In the To enable an exception, select its check box window, scroll to locate the Remote Administration Program or Port exception.
- Make sure that the Remote Administration Program or Port exception is selected.
- Click OK to close the Windows Firewall Settings dialog box.
Step 2: I had named the pool different than the server name, so I needed to add an A record or CNAME Record to DNS to get past.