- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Open the Windows Firewall program.
- Click Change Settings to open the Windows Firewall Settings dialog box.
- Make sure that Windows Firewall is turned on, and then click the Exceptions tab.
- Click Add port to open the Add a port dialog box.
- Enter a name for the port exception, such as SQL Server Browser Service.
- Make sure that UDP is selected, and then enter UDP port number 1434. This is the default port that the SQL Server Browser service listens on.
- Click OK two times to close the Windows Firewall Settings dialog box