Serhat AKINCI, a Hyper-V MVP, has just posted this very useful script:
In his own words:
It can be difficult to monitor and assess resources in large Hyper-V environments. This PowerShell based script helps you to understand virtualization inventory, capacity and general resource availability in your Standalone or Clustered Hyper-V Environment.
- More than 2600+ lines of PowerShell, HTML and CSS code examples.
- Creates a plain but detailed and user-friendly HTML report which is compatible with all modern browsers.
- Provides more detailed information via tooltips in the HTML report. (cells with asterisks and highlights)
- Checks and installs required runtime environment prerequisites like Hyper-V and Clustering PowerShell.
- Collects information by using standard Hyper-V and Clustering PowerShell cmdlets and custom WMI queries.
- Shows alerts in the report for certain situations (utilizations, VM checkpoints, replication status, etc.)
- Can be used directly from command-line or as a scheduled Windows task.
- Supports report delivery via e-mail with advanced options. (authentication, TLS/SSL, multiple recipients)
- Includes a mode that reports only alerts in the Hyper-V environment. (aka Highlights Only mode)
- Advanced error handling and logging. (Console messages and log file)
You can see an full example report here: http://www.serhatakinci.com/files/get-hypervreport-v1-0-demo-output.html