Some day’s ago I installed Windows 8 Enterprise x64 RTM on my Work pc.
So I wanted Exchange 2010 Management Tools on my PC.
I found the following topic: Exchange 2010 Management tools
This worked for me
- Install the .NET Framework 3.5 Windows Feature
- Install the IIS 6 Management Console Feature
- Install the IIS Metabase and IIS 6 Configuration Compatibility Feature
- Modify the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion registry key from R20;6.2” to “6.1” as stated above
- DO NOT Close REGEDIT
- Create a MMC with the Exchange Tools on it and I saved it under c:\Windows 8 RTM Exchange 2010 SP2\ExchangeAdmin.msc
- Create a Bat File
c:\Windows 8 RTM Exchange 2010 SP2\ExchangeAdmin.msc
Now you can Manage Exchange 2010 from a Windows 8 pc. I found no issues till now. Beware this is not supported by Microsoft!!!!!
You must log in to post a comment.