If you have not installed these patches, delay the installation of the Microsoft patches until you have installed VMware View Client (build 353760).
VMware View Client build 353760 has been tested on:
- windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit + internet explorer 8
- windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit + Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 7 Home 32 bit + Internet Explorer 8
The View Client patch can be downloaded from here. Enter your credentials, accept the EULA and download the appropriate file:
- If you are using Windows 7 32-bit, use VMware-viewclient-4.5.0-353760.exe.
- If you are using Windows 7 64-bit, use VMware-viewclient-x86_64-4.5.0-353760.exe.
To apply this patch
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose the previously installed VMware View Client and click Remove.
- Navigate to where you downloaded VMware-viewclient-xxx-4.5.0-353760.exe and run the executable file.
- Follow the installation installation wizard to complete installation.
- Reboot the computer.
Very Important: VMware View Clients with build number 353760 or later are not affected by this issue.