I was recently approached to do a book review on “Least Privilege Security for Windows 7,Vista and XP by Russell Smith” published by Packt Publishing. I will review it soon. It show you how to configure your windows environment so that your users can operate without administrator permissions.
Here is a list of the just some of technologies that this book talks about to achieve a Least Privilege security:
- Program Compatibility Wizard
- Applications Compatibility Wizard
- User Account Control
- group Policy Software deployment
- internet explorer Add-on Management
- Troubleshooting Remote Users
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Software Restrictions Policies and AppLocker
- microsoft deployment toolkit
- CD Burning
- ActiveX Controls
- Changing system time and time zones
- Power Management
- Managing networks
- Standard Users Analyzer
- Applications Compatibility toolkit
- Logon Scripts
- remote desktop services
I have read already some chapters. I think it is a great book to have on your collection.
You have always not enough time thinking about security. This book does it for you.
As a special offer Packt Publishing are also letting people download preview chapter of this book by download here Chapter No. 3 – Solving Least privilege Problems with the Application Compatibility Toolkit