Delete the meeting reminders by using the MFCMAPI editor
These steps help you remove a meeting reminder that still appears even though the original meeting was removed. This typically occurs if the meeting reminder is corrupted.
Note: Although the MFCMAPI editor is supported by Exchange Online, use caution when you make changes to mailboxes by using this tool. Using the MFCMAPI editor incorrectly can cause permanent damage to a mailbox.
Note The exact steps may vary, depending on the version of MFCMAPI that you’re using.
- Install MFCMAPI editor. It’s available from the following Microsoft CodePlex MFCMAPI website:
- In Outlook, click the Send/Receive tab.
- n the Preferences group, click Work Offline, and then exit Outlook.
- Double-click the MFCMapi.exe file to start the MFCMAPI editor.
- On the Session menu, click Logon and Display Store Table.
- Right-click the mail profile that you want to change, and then click Open Store.
- Expand Root-Mailbox, expand Finder, and then double-click Reminders.
- Locate the recurring appointment by sorting the Subject column or the To column.
- Right-click the appointment, and then click Delete Message.
- In the Delete Item dialog box, select one of the permanent deletion options, and then click OK.
- Click Start, type outlook.exe /cleanreminders in the search box, and then press Enter.
- If you’re prompted, select your profile to start Outlook.