This article provides step-by-step procedure about How to Improve Move Request Performance in Exchange 2010.
The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication Service is responsible for Mailbox Move requests.
MSExchangeMailboxReplication.exe.config is Mailbox move request configuration file located in the following location: <Exchange Installation Path>\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin
How to Improve Move Request Performance in Exchange 2010:
1. Go to Exchange Mailbox Server
2. Navigate to the <Exchange Installation Path>\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin folder
3. Make a backup copy of MSExchangeMailboxReplication.exe.config before making any changes in it.
4. Open the Original MSExchangeMailboxReplication.exe.config file in notepad.
5.Modify the following values to increase the performance
MaxActiveMovesPerSourceMDB = “50″
MaxActiveMovesPerTargetMDB = “50″
MaxActiveMovesPerSourceServer = “200″
MaxActiveMovesPerTargetServer = “200″
MaxTotalMovesPerMRS = “300″
6. Save the file and Close it
7. Go to Services console
8. Restart the Microsoft Mailbox Replication Service
Windows 2008 (R2) Network tuning to Increase Move mailbox Speed:
1. Go to Start –> Command prompt –> Right Click –> Click Run as administrator
2. Execute the following command: netsh int tcp show global
3. Disable TCP Chimney Offload and Receive Side Scaling on the network adapters
netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=disabled
4. Run the following command and make sure Chimney Offload State & Receive-Side Scaling State is disabled.
5. Restart the Server.