Exchange 2010 MapiExceptionLogonFailed: Unable to make connection to the server

The Error that I get when I did a local move request to move a user to a another mailbox database.
The new user cannot send email & could not login to Web Access.

image

Error:
Failed to communicate with the mailbox database.

MapiExceptionLogonFailed: Unable to make connection to the server. (hr=0x80040111, ec=1010)
Diagnostic context:
    Lid: 37053   Win32Error: 0x6A6
    Lid: 23065   EcDoConnectEx called [length=48]
    Lid: 17913   EcDoConnectEx returned [ec=0x0][length=48][latency=31]
    Lid: 18969   EcDoRpcExt2 called [length=313]
    Lid: 27161   EcDoRpcExt2 returned [ec=0x3F2][length=342][latency=46]
    Lid: 41073   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 48243 
    Lid: 50033   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 1494    —- Remote Context Beg —-
    Lid: 1238    Remote Context Overflow
    Lid: 49213   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 48573 
    Lid: 64957   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 56253 
    Lid: 65085   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 40381 
    Lid: 56765   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 31229   Error: 0x0
    Lid: 19149   Error: 0x0
    Lid: 24509   Error: 0x0
    Lid: 1219    StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 3225    StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 60049   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 49469 
    Lid: 65341   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 56125 
    Lid: 47933   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 32829 
    Lid: 49213   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 48573 
    Lid: 64957   StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 31229   Error: 0x0
    Lid: 19149   Error: 0x0
    Lid: 24509   Error: 0x0
    Lid: 1219    StoreEc: 0x8004010F
    Lid: 24041 
    Lid: 13488   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 28780 
    Lid: 20076   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 57713   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 49009   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 1750    —- Remote Context End —-
    Lid: 52465   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 60065 
    Lid: 33777   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 59805 
    Lid: 52209   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 19778 
    Lid: 27970   StoreEc: 0x3F2    
    Lid: 17730 
    Lid: 25922   StoreEc: 0x3F2    

Management Shell command attempted:
‘wardvissers.local/wardvissers/wardtest2’ | New-MoveRequest -TargetDatabase ‘MailStore II’

Elapsed Time: 00:00:01

Solution:

I backup the AD with Backup for sure.

Then I suspend and dismounted every mailbox database.

I opened ADSIEDIT.MSC to check the value of HomeMDB and homeMTA:

Go to:
CN=Configuration->CN=Services->CN= Exchange->CN=wardvissers->CN=Administrative Groups->CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)->CN=Servers->CN=DAGEK10-01->CN= System Attendant

The value by my mailbox server looks a bid strange:
HomeMDB: CN=InformationStore,CN=DAGEK10-02,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=wardvissers,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=wardvissers,DC=local

HomeMTA: CN=Microsoft MTA,CN=DAGEK10-01,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=wardvissers,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=wardvissers,DC=local

Clear the Value bij HomeMDB & HomeMTA like the picture below.
image

Important:
Clear the value by every mailbox server if you have a dag cluster

Restarted the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant Service on every mailbox server.

Mounted & Resuming the mailbox database. Now the users could login again in OWA Smile.

Leave a Reply