On August 14th, ExchangeTeam announced the removal of the MS13-061 Security Update for Exchange Server 2013 due to an issue where the patch changed settings for the search infrastructure, placing the content index for all databases into a failed state. As of today, we have released updated security updates for both Exchange 2013 RTM CU1 and Exchange 2013 RTM CU2.
Download links for MS13-061:
LoadMaster v7.0-6 is available now. Here is a highlighted feature list over v7.0-4:
New Features and Feature Enhancements:
- Quickstart Wizard – Exchange 2010- The QuickStart Wizard provides a simplified method of configuring LoadMaster to work within an Exchange 2010 environment
- RESTful API v.2.0 – The RESTful API provides a REST-like interface designed to allow remote applications access to the LoadMaster in a simple and consistent manner.
- Cisco UCS B Series Support – The LoadMaster for Cisco UCS supports the B Series Blade Servers.
- Call Home – Phase 1 – The Call Home licensing model will be released for selected VLM evaluations.
- After installing or replacing a certificate, there is now an option to return to the Virtual Service page
- Quality of Service functionality is now configurable within Virtual Services
- The image sets for the ESP login screens now support a number of different languages
- The character limit within the Message of the Day has been increased
- When applying a temporary license, feedback is now provided if a temporary license has already been applied
- The traceroute and netstat utilities are available debug options
- Bulk disabling of Real Servers is possible
- L7 Transparency is available for selection within a SubVS when the parent Virtual Service uses SSL Acceleration with re-encryption enabled.
- Issues configuring eth0 on a 64 bit LoadMaster have been resolved
- Removed restriction on creating a VLAN with an identifier of 1
- Issue with deleting VSs in a state of Security Down is resolved
- Issue with HA time out values resolved
- Issue with Health Checks on ESP enabled Virtual Services have been resolved
- To conserve CPU, gathering statistics is restricted to the items displayed on the Home page, unless specified in the Collect All WUI option
- Issue with Port Following is resolved
- ACLs now working as expected when Virtual Services are set to additional ports
- Initial maximum cache size on LoadMaster for UCS is now within the valid range
- Within the LoadMaster console, an inappropriate call of Quick Help has been resolved
- Can now configure shared interfaces in the HA setup process before rebooting
- A failed adaptive health check disables the Real Server
- SNORT 2.9 rules imports correctly
- A page is not delivered when using compression and http content-length is 0 bytes
- Issues may occur with SNMP traffic when the Drop at Drain Time End option is enabled
LoadMaster version v7.0-6 supports the following hardware:
Learn more about LoadMaster 7.0:
Full Release Notes
The Exchange 2010 SP2 RU7 update contains the changes for MS13-061. For more details, see the MS13-061 security bulletin.
The Exchange 2010 SP3 RU2 update contains fixes for a number of customer-reported and internally found issues, as well as, the changes for MS13-061. For more details, including a list of fixes included in this update, see KB 2866475 and the MS13-061 security bulletin. I would like to specifically call out the following fixes which are included in this release:
2837926 Error message when you try to activate a passive copy of an Exchange Server 2010 SP3 database: “File check failed”
2851419 Slow performance in some databases after Exchange Server 2010 is running continuously for at least 23 days
2855083 Public Folder contents are not replicated successfully from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
2859596 Event ID 4999 when you use a disclaimer transport rule in an environment that has Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 installed
2860037 iOS devices cannot synchronize mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
2861118 W3wp.exe process for the MSExchangeSyncAppPool application pool crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 or SP3 environment
2863473 Users cannot access Outlook mailboxes that connect to a Client Access server array in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
The Exchange 2007 SP3 RU11 update contains two fixes in addition to the changes for MS13-061. For more details, including a list of fixes included in this update, see KB 2873746 and the MS13-061 security bulletin. We would like to specifically call out the following fixes which are included in this release:
- 2688667 W3wp.exe consumes excessive CPU resources on Exchange Client Access servers when users open recurring calendar items in mailboxes by using OWA or EWS
- 2852663 The last public folder database on Exchange 2007 cannot be removed after migrating to Exchange 2013
The VMware OS Optimization Tool helps optimize Windows 7 desktops for use with VMware Horizon View. The optimization tool includes customizable templates to enable or disable Windows system services and features, per VMware recommendations and best practices, across multiple systems. Since most Windows system services are enabled by default, the optimization tool can be used to easily disable unnecessary services and features to improve performance.
You can perform the following actions using the VMware OS Optimization Tool:
- Viewing History
- Managing Template
Also included is the Remote OS Optimization Tool, which uses the same functionality as the Optimization Tool, but connects to a remote VMware View broker so that remote parent and template VMs can be enumerated and optimized.