There is a new feature in MDT 2012 RC1. It will keep the list of items (applications, drivers OS packages, task sequences) in alphabetical order.
Now when you first install MDT 2012 RC1, you might notice that the items aren’t sorted right away – you have to change something in the folder first. As soon as you do (e.g. add an item, rename an item), the items in that folder will be sorted.
Keeping the list of folders sorted is a much bigger challenge, so at this point they will still show up in the order that they were added.
What’s new for Workstation?
- Installation and operation of VMware Workstation on Windows 8 and Windows Server 8
- Installation and operation of Windows 8 consumer preview and Windows Server 8 in a virtual machine
- Rendering and graphics correctness issues on all platforms and applications
- Linux 3D desktop experience, particularly when using the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Beta
- Linux 3D application graphics correctness and performance
- Stability in real-world scenarios including suspend/resume and display and device support
- Nested Virtualization – running ESX and even trying Hyper-V* as a guest OS
- VNC connection performance and stability