Learn about the new paths for IT pros:
- PowerShell: Beginner. Step up your IT pro game with foundational knowledge of PowerShell. Learn to use the command line to solve an issue, automate your infrastructure, and more.
- PowerShell: Advanced. Go beyond the basics with scripting, reusable tools, and cmdlets—all taught by the architect and inventor of PowerShell, Jeffrey Snover.
- Security for IT Pros. Beef up your security know-how with practical tips and tricks from the Microsoft security team.
- DevOps for IT Pros. Your devs need you! Learn more about application performance and support monitoring with Microsoft Azure.
- Introduction to Windows Server 2012 R2. Command this leading-edge server with tutorials on installation, roles, Microsoft Active Directory, storage, performance management, and maintenance.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Security and Identity. Build upon your security knowledge with Windows Server 2016 fundamentals, like Active Directory, basic PKI, and BYOD concepts.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Compute. Discover everything you need to know about virtualization and storage with courses on IP address management, server networking, Microsoft Hyper-V, and more.
Serhat AKINCI, a Hyper-V MVP, has just posted this very useful script:
In his own words:
It can be difficult to monitor and assess resources in large Hyper-V environments. This PowerShell based script helps you to understand virtualization inventory, capacity and general resource availability in your Standalone or Clustered Hyper-V Environment.
- More than 2600+ lines of PowerShell, HTML and CSS code examples.
- Creates a plain but detailed and user-friendly HTML report which is compatible with all modern browsers.
- Provides more detailed information via tooltips in the HTML report. (cells with asterisks and highlights)
- Checks and installs required runtime environment prerequisites like Hyper-V and Clustering PowerShell.
- Collects information by using standard Hyper-V and Clustering PowerShell cmdlets and custom WMI queries.
- Shows alerts in the report for certain situations (utilizations, VM checkpoints, replication status, etc.)
- Can be used directly from command-line or as a scheduled Windows task.
- Supports report delivery via e-mail with advanced options. (authentication, TLS/SSL, multiple recipients)
- Includes a mode that reports only alerts in the Hyper-V environment. (aka Highlights Only mode)
- Advanced error handling and logging. (Console messages and log file)
You can see an full example report here: http://www.serhatakinci.com/files/get-hypervreport-v1-0-demo-output.html
Virtualizing your servers was the first step to achieving cost savings, high availability, and greater IT efficiency. But as your business is evolving and growing, your virtualized infrastructure needs to do the same – leading to the next-generation data center running on Virtualization 2.0.
In Virtualization 2.0 For Dummies®, we will explore:
- How Virtualization 2.0 can deliver improved visibility, optimized planning and more predictive control through capacity management and performance monitoring
- A deep dive into virtualization beyond the server, including operations management, virtualized backup, storage, and networking
- How to prepare your IT environment for the next steps in your virtualization journey, with advice on storage options and security
- Technical tips, best practices, and links to in-depth resources to help you save time setting up, managing, and troubleshooting