The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is an agentless toolkit that finds computers on a network and performs a detailed inventory of the computers using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and the Remote Registry Service. The data and analysis provided by this toolkit can significantly simplify the planning process for migrating to Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Microsoft Office 2007, Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Hyper-V, Microsoft Application Virtualization, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and Forefront® Client Security and Network Access Protection. Assessments for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Vista include device driver availability as well as recommendations for hardware upgrades.
You can use MAP to inventory the following platforms:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP® Professional
- Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows 2000 Professional or Windows 2000 Server
- VMware ESX
- VMware ESXi
- VMware Server
– Identification of currently installed Windows client operating systems, their hardware, and recommendations for migration to Windows 7 and Windows Vista. The tool also reports if desktops have anti-virus and anti-malware programs installed and if the Windows Firewall is turned on.
– Identification of currently installed Windows Server operating systems, their hardware, and recommendations for migration to Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008.
– Identification of currently installed Microsoft Office software and recommendations for migration to Microsoft Office 2007.
– Detailed assessment and reporting of server utilization gathered using the Performance Metrics Wizard.
– Recommendations for server consolidation and virtual machine placement using Hyper-V
– Assessment of client machines, servers, and the technology environment for the implementation of Microsoft Application Virtualization (APP-V)
– Identification of machines where Microsoft SQL Server components are installed.
– Identification of virtual machines, their hosts, and details about each.
– Identification of Windows Server Roles
– Windows 2003 x86/x64 or Windows 2008 x86/x64
– 1,5 GB (2 GB 2008)
– NET Framework 3.5 SP1
– Windows Installer 4.5
– Microsoft Office Word 2007 or Word 2003 SP2
– MIcrosoft Office Excel 2007 or Excel 2003 SP2
– SQL Server 2008 Express Edition, SQL Server 2008, or SQL Server 2005
Download Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit HIER