The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), build 8443, is now available on the Microsoft Download Center. This update requires the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10, version 1607, available on the Microsoft Hardware Dev Center (adksetup.exe file version 10.1.14393.0).
You may notice that we are not tagging this release with a year or update version. To better align with the current branches of Windows 10 and Configuration Manager, and to simplify the branding and release process, we are now just referring to it as the “Microsoft Deployment Toolkit”, using the build number to distinguish each release. This is not necessarily a “current branch” of MDT; we are committed to updating MDT as needed with revisions to Windows, the Windows ADK, and Configuration Manager.
Here is a summary of the significant changes in this build of MDT:
- Supported configuration updates
- Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1607
- Windows 10, version 1607
- Windows Server 2016
- Configuration Manager, version 1606
- Quality updates
- Deployment Wizard scaling on high DPI devices
- Johan’s “uber bug” for computer replace scenario
- Multiple fixes for the Windows 10 in-place upgrade scenario
- Several fixes to Configure ADDS step
- Removed imagex/ocsetup dependencies, rely solely on DISM
- Includes the latest Configuration Manager task sequence binaries (version 1606)