Some times you want to hide a Distribution Group from de Global Address List (GAL).
In Exchange 2010 this is a simple thing
1. Open the properties from the Distribution Group.
3. Set V by Hide group from Exchange address list
Exchange 2007 enables SSL within IIS by default. Using PowerShell commands, certificate creation and management is quite confusing and often results with incorrect results due to the nature of the syntax. U-BTech Solutions is providing Certificate Manager for Exchange Server 2007 freely, to ease the process with a simple, easy to use GUI which enables you to:
1) Manage your current server certificates.
2) Enable certificates for Exchange 2007 Services (POP, IMAP, SMTP, IIS, UM).
3) Generate an Exchange 2007 Certificate Signing Request and process the Certificate Authority answer.
4) Generate an Exchange 2007 Self-Signed certificate (not for production use).
5) Easily include additional subject names in a single certificate.
6) Import & Export ability for existing certificates.
To read more about Certificate Use in Exchange 2007 at Microsoft TechNet follow the link:
Certificate Manager for Exchange Server 2007 is currently offered by U-BTech Solutions free of charge
– You can set user, password and domain on a group and every server in that group you add they inherit the same settings this is very handy when you have a lot of servers.
– Bulk import servers is possible with txt files.
– Export the settings
You can Download Remote Desktop Connection Manager Here
The Hyper V documentation team has done a great job of putting together a detailed Windows Server 2008 R2: Hyper-V Component Architecture Poster. Download the .PDF
The poster provides details on the inner workings of things like:
VMWare has released VMware Workstation 7.1.
What’s New in VMware Workstation 7.1
Download VMware Workstation HERE. You need a valid VMware Account to download.
Sometimes when you open Outlook 2007 using a autodiscover srv record for Exchange 2007 you wil get de following error:
1. Close Outlook 2007
2. Start Registry Editor
3. In Windows 7, click Start –> RUN
4. type regedit in de box and then click OK
5. Collapse this imageExpand this image
7. Click the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
8. Type RedirectServers, and then press ENTER
9. Right-click RedirectServers, and then click Modify.
10. In the Value data box, type a semicolon delimited list of the HTTPS servers to which AutoDiscover can be redirected without prompting for confirmation from the user, and then click OK.
For example, you want to allow for the following list of servers:
11.Type the following in the Value data box: wardvissers.local;wardvissers.nl
12. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor
The KMS host that is used is very probably a Windows Server 2008 KMS host that cannot standard activate Windows 7 and 2008 R2 machines.
When you do not have Windows Server 2008 R2 KMS host key have then you must have a Volume License agreement so that your request your Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 kms keys.
-If the KMS host a Windows Server 2003 SP2 machine is you have the update from the KB article KB968915 install and restart the machine.
-If the KMS host a Windows Server 2008 SP2 machine is you have the update from the KB article KB968912 install and start the new machine.
-If the KMS host one Windows Server 2008 R2 machine is you have to install any further update.
You the new KMS host key import now. The commands are as follows:
1. Uninstall KMS license Key on host – slmgr.vbs /upk
2. Install Windows Server 2008 R2 KMS license key – slmgr.vbs /ipk <Your Key>
3. Activate KMS server online: slmgr.vbs /ato
4. Net Stop slsvc
5. Net Start slsvc
The clients can now activate
The Microsoft’s current documentation you’ll still need to shutdown your guest OS. First up, unless your Guest OS is also R2, you’ll need to install the hotfix noted above. However, rather than having to note the cluster’s MAC address, you’ll simply need to change the Hyper-V guest settings to enable MAC Spoofing on the NIC which you configured for NLB:
You can find BitLocker Password Recovery tool on Windows Server 2008 R2 under Features. You can install the tool by opening Server Manager and under »Add Features« look for »Remote Server Administration Tools« »Feature Administration Tools«. Here select »BitLocker Diver Encryption Administration Utilities« and follow the wizard.
Once install process completes you can open Active Directory Users and Computers and right click on domain level. You should now see »Find BitLocker Recovery Password…«
I am not a Linux fan. Maybe for interesting for any Linux sysadmin
The GNU/Linux systems have reached an important level of maturity, allowing to integrate them in almost any kind of work environment, from a desktop PC to the sever facilities of a big company.
In this ebook "The GNU/Linux Operating System", the main contents are related with system administration. You will learn how to install and configure several computer services, and how to optimize and synchronize the resources using GNU/Linux.
The topics covered in this 500+ page eBook include Linux network, server and data administration, Linux kernel, security, clustering, configuration, tuning, optimization, migration and coexistence with non-Linux systems. A must read for any serious Linux system admin.